we love snacks in this house. we also love sweet treats. while we do try to keep it healthy most of the time we also like to indulge every once in a while or maybe more often than we should or would like to admit (i have the biggest sweet tooth ever!). this partnered with my love for baking can be quite the deadly combination for the number on the scale.
one treat we especially love is banana bread. as a matter of fact we buy extra bananas when we go to the grocery store for the sole purpose of making a loaf or two. it makes for the perfect breakfast or an afternoon snack. you can eat it plain or, like my husband, warm it up and slap some butter on it, either way you’re in for a treat!
i’ve tried a few different banana bread recipes over the years, but i always seem to come back to this one. it’s perfectly moist and absolutely delicious. it’s a standard recipe leaving a little room for you to add a few creative touches of your own; i like to add some cinnamon to ours!
so onto the recipe!
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. brown sugar
cinnamon, i don’t ever measure it out
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees f. grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. combine flour, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
3. in a separate bowl cream together butter and brown sugar.
4. stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
5. stir banana mixture into flour mixture(add a little cinnamon) and pour into loaf pan.
6. bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. let cool and enjoy!