chocolate chip cookies are a go-to favorite dessert. i feel like anytime i make up a batch they fly off the plate and barely last a day. i don’t know anyone who doesn’t like a chocolate chip cookie. i’ve tried many a recipe and while my mom’s have always been a family favorite (she uses pudding powder to keep them extra soft), i think i’ve finally found a recipe i like even more, maybe i shouldn’t tell her that.
i received the recipe from a girl i used to work with, added a few tweaks to cater to my liking and voila the best stuffed chocolate chip cookie was created! they are soft, they are chewy, they are big and they are delicious. so the next time you are craving a sweet treat make sure to give these a try; they will have your mouth watering and house smelling like a bakery for the rest of the day!
1 1/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c salted butter, softened
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c chocolate chips (sometimes i like to use milk, dark and white chocolate trips to give it a nice trip chip flavor!)
sanders dark chocolate sea salt caramels
- preheat the oven to 350 degree f; line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray pan with cooking spray.
- using a stand or hand mixer, cream together butter and sugars until lump free.
- add in the vanilla and egg and beat on low speed.
- add in baking soda and salt and beat on low speed.
- gradually add in flour, beating until incorporated. add in chocolate chips and mix until blended.
- using a cookie scoop, or your hands, form your cookies. insert a sanders dark chocolate sea salt caramel into the center of your cookie dough so it is completely covered.
- for large cookies (which is what i usually make these into) bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown around the edges, but still soft in the center.
- take a bite and enjoy the best stuffed chocolate chip cookie your teeth have ever sunk into!